Sales Clerk Job Description
Responds to customer inquiries. Locates and shows items in stock. Arranges stock and replenishes as needed. Prices some individual items. Operates a computerized register. Works under general supervision
Scope of Responsibility:
Sales Clerk is responsible for greeting and assisting customers in store. Maintaining store presentation including floor displays, wall shelving and counter areas. Job requires promptness and dependability.
Principal Duties / Responsibities:
- Operates cash register, and all POS equipment (scanner, keyboard, credit card machine and check verification terminal.)
- Assists customers (in-store and telephone) with purchase selection and inquiries.
- Replenishes shelves and floor displays with inventory from back stock.
- Receives and/or stocks incoming shipments for store.
- Complete sales paperwork as required. Register check-ups, Accounting Report, Receiving Report.
- Perform general housekeeping as required. Cleaning glass windows and doors, sweeping/mopping floors, trash removal, dusting product bottles and cleaning fixtures/shelves.
- Maintaining backroom area in inventory categories. Sweeping floor and disposal of cardboard boxes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager, or lead.
- Lifting: 50+ pounds to lift and carry cases of product for stocking store.
- Agility: Required to use fine manipulation in using register, calculators, telephone and other POS equipment.
- Vision: Required to see visual signals such as cursors and displays on registers, calculators and POS equipment.
- Hearing: Uses auditory senses for answering telephones, hearing instructions, and communicating with customers.
- Reading: Required to read handwritten and printed memos, manuals, invoices, and other company paperwork.
- Writing: Required to complete company sales paperwork, vendor invoice discrepancies, etc., in a comprehensive and legible manner.
- Speaking: Required to communicate information to customers, Store Manager, and co-workers via telephone and in person.
- Environment: Required to stand for extended periods of time while assisting customers, replenishing inventories, and maintaining presentation standards of the store.
- Other Physical Requirements: Required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, lift overhead, push and pull in order to perform job duties.
Note: Any areas with an astirisk (*) must be filled out. For example, if there is no Middle Name, type “none” or the application will not be complete.