Interested at working for Pinkie’s Inc.? If you would like to work for us, please take the time to apply online. After you apply, we will look over your application and call you if you are a potential candidate for employment.
Sales Clerk Job Description
Responds to customer inquiries. Locates and shows items in stock. Arranges stock and replenishes as needed. Prices some individual items. Operates a computerized register. Works under general supervision
Scope of Responsibility:
Sales Clerk is responsible for greeting and assisting customers in store. Maintaining store presentation including floor displays, wall shelving and counter areas. Job requires promptness and dependability.
Principal Duties / Responsibities:
- Operates cash register, and all POS equipment (scanner, keyboard, credit card machine and check verification terminal.)
- Assists customers (in-store and telephone) with purchase selection and inquiries.
- Replenishes shelves and floor displays with inventory from back stock.
- Receives and/or stocks incoming shipments for store.
- Complete sales paperwork as required. Register check-ups, Accounting Report, Receiving Report.
- Perform general housekeeping as required. Cleaning glass windows and doors, sweeping/mopping floors, trash removal, dusting product bottles and cleaning fixtures/shelves.
- Maintaining backroom area in inventory categories. Sweeping floor and disposal of cardboard boxes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager, or lead.
- Lifting: 50+ pounds to lift and carry cases of product for stocking store.
- Agility: Required to use fine manipulation in using register, calculators, telephone and other POS equipment.
- Vision: Required to see visual signals such as cursors and displays on registers, calculators and POS equipment.
- Hearing: Uses auditory senses for answering telephones, hearing instructions, and communicating with customers.
- Reading: Required to read handwritten and printed memos, manuals, invoices, and other company paperwork.
- Writing: Required to complete company sales paperwork, vendor invoice discrepancies, etc., in a comprehensive and legible manner.
- Speaking: Required to communicate information to customers, Store Manager, and co-workers via telephone and in person.
- Environment: Required to stand for extended periods of time while assisting customers, replenishing inventories, and maintaining presentation standards of the store.
- Other Physical Requirements: Required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, lift overhead, push and pull in order to perform job duties.
Note: Any areas with an astirisk (*) must be filled out. For example, if there is no Middle Name, type “none” or the application will not be complete.